- 2018-11-12 to 2018-11-14 On 12-14 November, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė is participating in trilateral political consultations of Lithuania, Ireland and Ukraine and is holding bilateral meetings in Kyiv
- 2018-11-12 to 2018-11-13 On 12-13 November, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is chairing the 13th meeting of the Steering Committee of the NATO Energy Security Centre of Excellence
- 2018-11-13 On 13 November at 10 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending the conference “Together towards the Modern State: Litvaks in the History of Lithuanian and Israeli Statehood”
- 2018-11-13 On 13 November at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in a wreath-laying ceremony at the Antakalnis Cemetery together with the Hungarian President János Áder
- 2018-11-13 On 13 November at 3:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the winner of a student writing contest Viktorija Gailiūtė
Linkevičius congratulates new U.K. Foreign Secretary
On 10 July, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius congratulated Jeremy Hunt and wished him every success in his new responsibility as the new British Foreign Secretary.
In his letter of congratulations, Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister underlines that Lithuania much appreciated the UK‘s solid contribution to boosting defence capabilities and NATO's presence in the Baltic region, as well as our close bilateral cooperation in the fields of strategic communications and cyber security.
“I am glad to note a rich and long-standing relationship between Lithuania and the United Kingdom. I truly hope that we will be able to continue coordinating our views through effective bilateral dialogue, as well as various regional formats,” writes Linkevičius, who also highlights that the two countries are linked by the UK's Lithuanian community.
Hunt has been appointed as the new British Foreign Secretary after the resignation of Boris Johnson. Prior to this appointment, Hunt held the post of a Health Secretary.