- A completed (in capital letters) and signed (there are 4 possible signature places) application form. Application must be printed and signed where it is indicated. Applications that are not duly completed, dated and signed will not be accepted.
- A valid passport or travel document issued not earlier than 10 years ago, be valid at least 3 months after expiration of visa, must have at least two blank pages.
- 2 colour photos corresponding to the age of an applicant (requirements).
- Consular fee (fees are published on the Embassy web-site. In addition, an applicant shall sign the statement, set out in the application form, declaring that he/she is aware that visa fee is not refunded if the visa is refused.
- Adequate and valid travel medical insurance for your trip with your name and dates covered, a copy of your insurance card, confirming international coverage (or Schengen area) of at least 30.000 EUR (Euros) (around USD 50,000) for each of the following items:
- Emergency medical expenses;
- Emergency hospital treatment;
- Repatriation for medical reasons and repatriation of mortal remains.
(!) NO DEDUCTIBLE (zero). If you do not have insurance, or your insurance company cannot provide such specific letter, you must purchase medical travel insurance for the entire duration of your trip.
In addition, an applicant shall sign the statement, set out in the application form, declaring that he/she is aware of the need to be in possession of travel medical insurance for subsequent stays.
6. Proof of legal status in the USA and re-entry document:
- green card or valid U.S. visa that should be valid for at least three months beyond the intended departure from the territory of the Schengen Area.
- Proof of travel arrangements:
- Flight (roundtrip)/travel reservations or other proof of intended transport and full itinerary (if several Schengen States will be visited OR if the trip covers several Schengen States and non-Schengen countries).
- Proof of accommodation - evidence of hotel bookings or travel plans (evidence of hotel bookings or travel plan for the entire Schengen area):
- Individuals: confirmed hotel reservations, stating name, address and telephone number of the hotel, including confirmation number.
- Groups: the certificate of the travel agency mentioning same information as for individuals, or other proof of accommodation (e.g. rental agreement).
- Supporting Documents
- Visiting Family/ Friends: invitation letter from friend/relative*. Copy of ID (national or residence permit) of inviting friend/relative.
- A letter of invitation from the business partner specifying the nature of the business*;
- Reference letter from employer;
- Confirmed accommodation if different from hotel, stating name, address and telephone number of the lodging place.
- Students/ Researchers:
- Certificate from the receiving institution on the length and purpose of stay;
- Certificate from Home institution on enrolment (student cards only are not sufficient);
- Confirmed accommodation.
- Proof of sufficient means of subsistence for the intended journey:
- Bank account statement(s) during the last three months (Bank statements must show the name and address of owner(s). Electronic printouts are accepted.); proof of regular income e.g. pay slips of the last three months;
- OR if self-employed (tax return from previous fiscal year or proof of previous economic activity and of an income during previous fiscal year);
- OR if retired (e.g. copy of pension certificate or a letter of previous employer or a pension check stub or confirmation from the responsible authority about the amount of pension);
- In case of business, if applicable, letter stating that all expenses are fully covered by. (e.g. a written proof that the inviting employer/company pays the expenses or alternative the sending employer/company pays for all expenses);
- In case of students/researchers, if applicable, letter stating that all expenses are fully covered by;
- If the applicant is minor and travels without parents or with one parent: officially recognized statement from both parents (this condition shall not apply if there is only a single parent or he/she holds the parental authority alone) or legal guardian authorizing the child to travel and covering the costs with evidence on the existence of the financial coverage. (see previous paragraphs).
Please be advised that all visa applicants have to submit their visa applications in person for an interview with the consular officer and finger prints scanning.
*The official invitation number can be provided as a supporting document indicating the purpose of the journey and as a supporting document indicating the accommodation, or proof of sufficient means to cover accommodation. The invitation are issued by the local Migration Offices in Lithaunia. Embassy requires the applicant to provide his/ her invitation confirmation number