There are three kinds of visas that are issued at the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania:
- airport transit Schengen visa (A) - a visa valid for transit through the international transit areas of one or more airports of the Schengen Member States.
- short-stay Schengen visa (C) – a visa valid for transit through or an intended stay in the territory of the Schengen Member States of a duration of no more than three months in any six-month period from the date of first entry in the territory of the Schengen Member States.
- national visa (D) – a visa allowing to enter the Republic of Lithuania and stay in it for a period longer than three months. A single entry national visa shall be issued to an alien who has been granted a temporary or permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania. A multiple entry national visa shall be issued to an alien whose purpose of entry into the Republic of Lithuania is long term stay in the Republic of Lithuania.
If the alien intends to visit several Schengen states, he/she must apply either at the consulate of the member country which is his/her main destination, or if he/she plans to stay in all countries similar amount of days, at the consulate of the member country where the first entry to Schengen area is going to be made. The misuse of this rule most likely will prevent you from entering Schengen area in the future.
Please pay attention that the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania and Consulates General of the Republic of Lithuanian in New York and Chicago have divided their consular jurisdiction over the US states. Application for visa shall be submitted to respective Lithuanian diplomatic mission or consular post in accordance with your current place of residence in the US. Please click here for detailed information on consular jurisdiction.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT ALL VISA APPLICANTS HAVE TO SUBMIT SIGNED ONLINE VISA APPLICATION FORM.
More information about visas:
- For more information regarding visas please refer to Consular Information website.
- Every applicant must make an appointment in advance in order to apply for a Schengen visa.
- Applicants must not attend the Embassy without an appointment. This also applies to applicants using.
- Visa Fees
To make an appointment please contact the Consular Section of the Embassy via e-mail: [email protected] or by phone 202 234 5860, ext. 127 (from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. Monday - Thursday; from 2.00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m. on Friday).
Embassy of Lithuania in Washington provides consular services for the residents of the following US states:
Washington D.C., Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina.
|Address of the Consular Section of the Embassy:||2622 16th street, NW
Washington DC, 20009
|Telephone:||(202) 234-5860 ext.127#|
|Reception hours (by appointments ONLY):||Monday through Friday: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.|
Consulate General of the Republic of Lithuanian in Chicago provides consular services for the residents of the following US states:
Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee,Texas, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
|Address:||455 N Cityfront Plaza Dr., Suite 800, Chicago, IL 60611, USA|
|Telephone:||(312) 397 0382|
|Fax:||(312) 397 0385|
|Reception hours:||please contact the Consulate General in Chicago|
Consulate General of the Republic of Lithuanian in New York provides consular services for the residents of the following US states:
Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont.
|Address:||420 Fifth Avenue, 3 Floor
New York, N.Y., 10018
|Telephone:||(212) 354 78 40, (212) 354 7849|
|Reception hours:||please contact the consulate General in New York|
Consulate General of the Republic of Lithuania in Los Angeles provides consular services for the residents of the following US states:
California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Alaska and Hawaii.
|Address:||11766 Wilshire Boulevard,
Suite 560, Los Angeles,
|Telephone:||+1 (424) 465 9901|
|E-mail:||[email protected]; [email protected]|
|Reception hours:||Monday 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Tuesday – Thursday 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.