Visas for the EU Family Members
Please read the general instructions before you apply!
If you are a family member of an EU/EEA you may qualify for an accelerated free visa procedure as long as you meet the following criteria:
- You are a family member (this includes a spouse, registered partner, child who is under 21 or a depending family member) of an EU/EEA or Swiss national (or of his/her spouse/registered partner); AND
- That EU/EEA national or Swiss national is residing in another Member State than that of which he/she is a national or travelling there to take up residence; AND
- You are accompanying the EU/EEA national or planning to join him/her for residence.
The visa should be applied for at the Embassy of the country of future residence of the EU/EEA national or Swiss national, not at the Embassy of his/her country of origin.
If you think you qualify for visa facilitation you will need to show proof that you meet these criteria when you submit your visa application.
The following documents shall be submitted:
- A completed (in capital letters) and signed (there are 4 possible signature places) application form.
- A valid travel document.
- The proof of the applicant's legal status in the U.S.
- A colour photo corresponding to the age of an applicant.
- Marriage/birth certificate. If the document is not issued in Lithuania, it has to be legalized by Apostille.
- The passport of the EU/EEA citizen (the spouse of applicant or one of the parents of the applicant).