- 2019-03-21 On 21 March at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius delivers a welcome speech at a round table dedicated to the Eastern Partnership
- 2019-03-21 On 21 March at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting at the Seimas
- 2019-03-21 On 21 March at 6:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the presentation of diaries by Michael von Römer (Mykolas Romeris) at the Martynas Mažvydas National Library
- 2019-03-21 On 21 March, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius receives the State Secretary at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Romania Dănuţ Sebastian Neculăescu
- 2019-03-21 to 2019-03-22 On 21-22 March, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends the European Council in Brussels as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
Lithuania acknowledges and supports Juan Guaidó as the Venezuelan interim President
Lithuania, along with other member states of the European Union, acknowledges and supports Juan Guaidó as the country’s interim President. In addition, Lithuania hopes that he will be able to organize free, independent, and fair presidential elections in compliance with democratic standards in the near future, enabling Venezuelans to determine their own future. Lithuania supports the international contact group that was established by the EU. The group is to enable the holding of new elections under democratic conditions.
On 15 January, the Venezuelan National Assembly, the only democratically elected institution, declared with the majority of votes that the President Nicolas Maduro was usurping the presidency. On 23 January, J. Guaidó declared himself the interim President of Venezuela and promised to hold democratic elections. On 23 January, the U.S. and most Latin American countries recognized J. Guaidó as the interim President.
On 26 January, the member states of the European Union called on the illegitimate President Nicolás Maduro to immediately organize a free, fair and transparent election, but N. Maduro refused.